Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arcturus TI-99/4a on eBay
I recently purchased a large collection of pre-NES games and systems from a person who cleaned out a large collection from an electronics collector. In that collection was the copy of Arcturus that I am auctioning in this auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151772941046?rmvSB=true

Unfortunately, I do not have a TI-99, and shockingly, there wasn't one in the collection. I was told that before the consoles and games I purchased were separated,  a pile of Commodore 64 and other early computing hardware was put in the dumpster. It is my understanding that this game also requires the 32K expansion unit, but I'm also assuming that most interested parties would have that setup. 

I was unable to find any pricing information on the cartridge other than a forum post from 2008 that said Arcturus would sell for $150 on its own, so I started it at $99.99 with no reserve. I put Priority as the lowest level shipping option. I will work with the buyer to use whatever shipping method they desire. 

If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected].
(08-12-2015, 09:36 AM)chrevans1 Wrote: I recently purchased a large collection of pre-NES games and systems from a person who cleaned out a large collection from an electronics collector. In that collection was the copy of Arcturus that I am auctioning in this auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151772941046?rmvSB=true

Unfortunately, I do not have a TI-99, and shockingly, there wasn't one in the collection. I was told that before the consoles and games I purchased were separated,  a pile of Commodore 64 and other early computing hardware was put in the dumpster. It is my understanding that this game also requires the 32K expansion unit, but I'm also assuming that most interested parties would have that setup. 

I was unable to find any pricing information on the cartridge other than a forum post from 2008 that said Arcturus would sell for $150 on its own, so I started it at $99.99 with no reserve. I put Priority as the lowest level shipping option. I will work with the buyer to use whatever shipping method they desire. 

If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected].
Arcturus installs in the computer's side port--and does not require 32K to run. I have one, so this is from experience. It is a relatively rare TI cartridge, so your starting price was about right. It is just now moving into the lower range of recent sales, so you'll definitely get a good price for it in the end.
Enter my mind at your own risk!