Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TI99 Equipment Database
Lightbulb 
I have started to create a database of TI-99 equipment for reference purposes.  It is very much in the 'beta stage', but it can be found at http://ti99db.99er.net .  It is a mysql database, and I purchased software to set it up and create the HTML pages.  So, the look and feel of it is based on the default template.  The icons, buttons, etc, will all probably change.  

This all started when I started when I decided to organize my TI collection past what I already had on notepaper.  I photographed and cataloged everything and created a database for my own use.  I exported all of that to a CSV file, and imported it to the database here on 99er.net just to get started.  There were problems getting the photos to import, so I will have to add them individually.  I've also noticed that while the photos I took in my basement are ok for my use, they look kind of lousy, so I want to take better ones of my stuff.  I had also deleted fields that worked for my use (quantity, location in storage, condition), and need to add others that would make more sense if this is to become a comprehensive reference for everyone to use (for instance- I noticed that my 'notes' field in the cartridge table should probably be changed to 'description').

So, I am looking for suggestions on how to organize this, other fields to add, etc.  Right now, I've created sections (tables) for Cartridges and Hardware, and I plan to add at least a 'Software' section for cassette and disk software.  I am also looking for people who are interested in being assistant database editors and would want to add new entries, add/edit descriptions, upload photos, etc.  

I want this to be a fully searchable reference with the ability to export the results to CSV.  If it's possible (and I think it is), I would also like to eventually add the ability for users to create their own account and add items from the database to their profile so as to create a personal inventory.  Also, if there seems to be interest, I would like to eventually move the whole thing over to its own domain name.

If you have suggestions and/or would like to help out with editing, PM or email me.

Thanks,
Rich
--------------------------------------
The TI-99/4A Home Computer Page
www.99er.net

Messages In This Thread
TI99 Equipment Database - by RichP - 03-02-2015, 04:04 PM
RE: TI99 Equipment Database - by ksarul - 03-04-2015, 09:07 PM
RE: TI99 Equipment Database - by ksarul - 03-04-2015, 09:18 PM
RE: TI99 Equipment Database - by RichP - 03-06-2015, 10:53 AM
RE: TI99 Equipment Database - by RichP - 03-06-2015, 11:20 AM
RE: TI99 Equipment Database - by ksarul - 03-06-2015, 12:41 PM